1 4 5 A megbízhatatlan narrátor memoárjai – Memoirs of the unreliable narrator: Marks of my birth

2018/03/20

Marks of my birth

Tuesday morning, minus 2 degrees. The hairstyle doesn't keep at all.
It doesn't matter, though. I am sitting in the surgeon's office.

– Which birthmark do you want removed?
– Well, there is this big one on my back, and also I knocked it against the window frame, and a chunk came of as well, so definitely this one. Then there are these two, they are always rubbing against my pants. And these two on my shoulder.
– Well... I usually suggest 2-3 at a time, because it is a bit uncomfortable for the body, if it's too much at once.

I look at him.

– I have a sinus lift with osteoplasty and a dental implant on Thursday, so to be honest, I am not that scared by all this.

He smiles gently.

– Well, if you are sure... All right then, please undress.

(Undressing.)

– Oh, and this one from the side. It's the same now anyway, isn't it?
– Well, yeah, it is.

Betadine, anesthetic injections all around (based on the pain, I notice that my skin is very sensitive on my side). He cuts them off and out, stitches. There is no pain, but it is a very weird feeling to have your flesh cut and you not feeling it.

– You can come back on the second day of Easter so I can remove the stiches.
– Well... I am going back to Germany on April 1st, so I would like to come earlier.
– Well... you can come next Friday then. That's ten days, which is all right.

(During this time I also learned that parasitosis is still widespread in Romania compared to other European countries (and here comes that long medical word for it), because of the high number of shepherds, since this parasite infects humans through the sheep and the dogs.)

The night will be exciting, because I'll be able to sleep on my left only, since on my back and on the right side there are these wounds that feel like small needles. Since today, my mum calls me her little politraumatised baby. I wonder what she will say on Thursday.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

nőnapi nemfogadalom